Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New "microbiology blog of the day" series at microBEnet


I am starting a new "microbiology blog of the day" series at the "microbiology of the built environment network (microBEnet)" site I co-run.  This is a culmination of something I started at the ASM Meeting in June.  When I went to the Communications Committee meeting, I suggested that there were lots of interesting microbiology blogs that ASM could do a better job of featuring.  I was asked "how many are there?"  And I said "there are dozens, and probably over 100".  A certain person on the committee who works on the current ASM blog expressed doubt that there were "more than five that are any good." I said I could compile a list easily.  And so I did this while at the ASM meeting.  And, well, I have been compiling ever since.  And the list grows and grows.

There are so many good microbiology - themed blogs out there that we created a compilation at microBEnet with the latest posts from each.  And at the suggestion of Nick Loman we pointed people to the OMPL file of the entire list which people can use to add the whole list to ones RSS reader.

So far I have written three simple summaries of blogs and will continue as long as I can ....  The first three are:
If you want to keep up with the posts, you need to subscribe to the microBEnet blog feed.  

There are so many great microbiology bloggers out there.  If you know of others not on our list, please let me know.

UPDATE 12/26 More Blogs Added to the Series

1 comment:

  1. Cool post, now I have a few hundred microbiology blog posts queued up in my reader!

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...